Friday, April 1, 2011

Yoga and baseball

Those of you who know me know that I love baseball -- and my team is the Chicago Cubs. Don't groan. I know.

Yoga can be very helpful in rooting for a team like the Cubs. Think about it -- practicing contentment, practicing non-attachment, even practicing ahimsa -- all help me be an even better fan. All these practices can make a wait of over 100 years for a championship bearable -- even enjoyable. Just as this year's season gets underway, I am breathing and trying not to get too excited. I will enjoy every pitch I get to watch -- especially the ones thrown at Wrigley. Even if my baseball season ends in September, our team of yogis will have been brilliant just in their attempt.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

perfection... I'll keep these thoughts in mind while UConn plays its game in the final four tonight. welcome to the bloggin' game! xo

adan said...

totally true ;-)

i played baseball as a child, loved it, with great memories on many layers -

now, i think back to baseball and see so much of yoga in it -

and can very clearly see how yoga would benefit being a cub fan, and as an old time houston astros fan (i knew them when they were the colt 45's!) i know the feeling well ;-)